12. H&M also has a recycling program that launched in 2013. This allows people to drop off their unwanted clothing no matter the brand or condition.
13. They point out in the sustainability section of their website that 95% of clothing that was thrown away could have been recycled or reused.
14. Reaching out to fans of fashion, the clothing brand reminded that ‘no true fashion lover ever likes seeing clothes go to waste,’ on the site. ‘Any clothes or home textiles that are no longer wanted or needed can be dropped off at any local H&M store–and given a new purpose.’
15. Since the recycling program launched at H&M, they have collected over 32,000 tonnes of textiles to be repurposed. That would be enough fabric to make 100 million t-shirts!
16. So what are you waiting for? Go out there and donate your old clothing! Not only will de-cluttering feel good, but the fact that this simple act can help the planet and others in need should be enough to stop you from ever throwing clothing out again!