1. Well, that’s one way to make sure that you can use a tattoo gun properly – or that you want a tattoo in the first place. And when all’s said and done, it’s a permanent, lasting testament to your willingness and ability to plan ahead and consider all your options. Sort of.
2. Self-deprecating humor is the best kind of humor. After all, if you can’t laugh at yourself, then you’ve no business laughing at anyone else – not that you should, anyway. This guy’s situation may not be ideal, but at least he has a sense of humor about it all.
3. Yes, that seems like an appropriate reaction to losing your finger. Somehow, we suspect this guy probably took a little while to collect himself and heal properly before having the state of mind to get such a hilarious tattoo. Not that we’re complaining – if we ever lose a body part, we know exactly what we’re doing now…
4. With certain humor-related tats, you need to be sure that the joke is going to remain just as funny for, well, the rest of your life. Especially if it’s printed somewhere you’re going to see it every day, like across your fingers. Luckily, we think this just about fits the bill, if not the hands.
5. Sometimes, simple humor is the best. This hilarious art subverts the usual cliché phrases with something that does exactly what it says on the tin. Just remember – minimalism is key to this kind of thing working. So, best avoid also getting “neck tattoo,” “forearm tattoo” and “ankle tattoo.”